Prof. Dr. Suhail Sarwar
What are contact lenses?
Contact lenses are small, curved pieces of plastic that sit on the surface of your eye. Despite having vision problems, many people admire lenses for a fancy outlook of the eyes as well.
However, when it comes to contact lenses, correct the vision by bending the light that enters the eye. Contact lens doctors in Lahore do recommend them after a contact eye exam in Lahore.
Moreover, people with refraction problems, find them quite handy, as it helps the eye to focus in the right way. Millions of doctors and contact lens specialists in Pakistan provide contact lenses for everyday use to avoid the use of glasses.
What makes people use contact lenses?
When it comes to the use of lenses for fashion alone, people use them to add a pop of color to their eyes. These lenses don't alter the refraction of light entering the eye.
Contrastingly, contact lenses are a great option for people who don't like to wear glasses. They can also be a good choice for those who play sports to avoid any additional hassle of managing glasses.
Are you looking for contact lenses?
Let me tell you, there are two main types of contact lenses:
- Soft contact lenses- made of a gel-like material that contains water. They're often the best option for first-time lens wearers because they're easy and comfortable to use.
- Hard or rigid contact lenses- made of a type of plastic called PMMA. They're not as popular as soft lenses because they're not as comfortable.
How to know that you need contact lenses?
I know this is what most of us find difficult to analyze. Thus, here are five signs and symptoms that it may be time to explore the option of contact lenses!
If you are having any of the following issues with your vision, it's time to explore the option of contact lenses:
- You are having trouble seeing clearly at a distance and/or up close.
- You are finding it difficult to wear glasses for an extended time.
- Your vision is affecting your performance in activities that you enjoy.
- You are dissatisfied with the way you look in glasses.
- You are experiencing eye irritation or dryness that glasses are not alleviating.
If you are experiencing any of these issues, contact lenses may be a good option for you. Be sure to consult with an optometrist or ophthalmologist to discuss the best type of lens for your individual needs.
Treatment options for contact lenses
Contact lenses are one of the most popular treatments to correct vision, but they are not without their drawbacks.
Many people find that their contact lenses cause irritation and dryness, and they can be difficult to keep clean.
In addition, contact lenses can be lost or damaged, and they can be uncomfortable to wear for long period. This applied to optometrist contact lenses as well.
If you are considering switching to contacts, or if you are already using them and are having problems, there are a few things you can do to make the experience more comfortable.
- Switch to glasses if you are easy to use them, consult or to k optometrist in Lahore.
- Opt for laser eye surgery to permanently resolve vision problems, ortho k optometrist doctors in Pakistan are skilled in performing these.
Why Choose Us?
Suhail’s eye hospital Lahore is one of the leading institutes for eye problems in Pakistan. With extended experience and top-quality education, ophthalmologists in this hospital serve the best of both consultation and treatment to the clients. Wait no more and Book your appointment now!